#CareForADonut? What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than with Care Bears and donuts!
We’ve teamed up with our friends at California Donuts to create the most awesome Care Bears donuts ever!
If you can’t visit California Donuts, don’t fear! Follow this simple recipe for Grumpy Bear inspired donuts that will be fun for little ones, and sure to put a smile on Dad’s face.
What you will need:
- 1 dozen donuts
- 2 cartons of white frosting
- 1-2 drops of blue, white, and black food coloring
- 1 small bag of candy melts, any color
- 2 quart zip-up plastic bags
- Crush 2 donuts and stuff into the remaining donut’s holes
- Place one carton of frosting into one bowl, and split the other carton into two bowls
- Add 1-2 drops of blue food coloring into the larger bowl of frosting and whisk
- Add 1-2 drops of black food coloring into one of the two smaller bowls and whisk
- Leave the other small bowl of frosting white
- Dip donuts in blue frosting or brush with a small spatula
- Insert two candy melts for the ears
- Paint the ears with the same frosting covering the bear
- Let dry for 30 minutes
- Place white and black frosting in separate small zip-up bags
- Zip both bags shut and cut a small hole in the bottom corner of each
- Squeeze a small amount of white frosting in a circular/oval shape to create the mouth
- Squeeze a small amount of black frosting in a circular/oval shape to create the eyes
- Dip the toothpick in the colored frosting bowl to draw the nose, mouth and eyebrows
Take a photo and share using #MyCareBearsDonuts! How fun are these?!
The mission behind Jessica’s organization, We Care Bears, is to help first responders gift plush toys to children in unbearable situations all over the country.
You can visit Jessica’s website, WeCareBears.com, for more information on her organization and ways to help her cause. You can even lead a bear drive in your own community!
We would also love to make you aware of another cause close to the Carscadden family’s heart. They are gathering funds to adopt a new member of the family (or possibly two)! Please take a look at (and share!) their YouCaring page to learn more the Carscaddens’ mission to welcome Jentry into their loving home.
Keep up with the latest on Care Bears: www.CareBears.com
You guys know my undying love for Care Bears, so when I had the chance to take the kiddos to make their own Care Bear at Build a bear I think I was more excited then them! 😂 yes, I might be that kind of mom…
As soon as we walked in we were greeted with excitement and the kind of joy you can only find at places where the sweetest memories are made. They explained the process to the kids and after each picked a Care Bear, it was time to fill them up. Here’s the adorable video of the super thoughtful girl making sure this was unforgettable for K.
Everyone we met was kind and super sweet and the whole experience was simply adorable.
How about some adorable clothing for your bears? From pjs to dresses! Aren’t these darling?!
After you’re done you can register your new stuffy friend, pick their name and make sure they have your information in case three get lost.
Thank you so much to Care Bears and Build a Bear for allowing my kids to experience this! And now we have adorable bears to snuggle with. ❤️
Who’s ready for another dose of the most adorable, lovable and kissable bears in the world!?
Care Bears & Cousins has been picked up for Season 2, which premieres exclusively on Netflix February 5, 2016! Season 2 consists of 6 brand-new episodes full of the adventures of the Care Bears and their cousins.
I know my kids will be so excited about this. And I know I am too! Not many shows show kids to be carrying and nice to each other.
Are your kids Care Bears fans? Who is their favorite one? Let us know in the comments!